Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Broom Closet

Getting back to the Pagan Blog Prompts with this topic.

WITCH HAZEL BLACK 2

In or Out?

I would have to say that I am both.  My broom closet has a revolving door.  I stepped out of the broom closet as far as my friends are concerned about 3 years ago; about a year after I started to follow this path.  My family is the other side.  At least to everyone but my mom.  I don’t discuss much of my beliefs with them.

Do I have to hide my ‘pagan-nature’?

Not in public I do not.  I am very open about my beliefs and spirituality in public.  I wear a pentagram and the triple goddess symbol every day.  At work everyone knows my beliefs and they are very interested in things and how I celebrate different times of the year and some have even gone as far as saying things like “Have a great Summer Solstice or Autumn Equinox”.

Besides this I also co-own and operate an online pagan store as well as a brick and mortar store here in Denver.  So in those two areas I am quite out of the closet.

I hope to some day remove the revolving door and forever remain out of the broom closet until then, let it spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment